Just under four years ago I surprised and delighted to be placed eighth in Wine Owners’ Top 10 most influential UK wine writers and bloggers, among many high profile authors and journalists. The title of the associated blog post I wrote “My 15 minutes of fame?” was somewhat prescient as I was removed from the list as I do not live in the UK.
So when I found I was included in Drinks Insight Network’s “Top Ten Wine Influencers” I was pleasantly surprised, but took it with a small pinch of salt, for several reasons:
- These lists can be changed…
- The scores are based on algorithms, but the criteria used aren’t fully disclosed.
- There are some prominent wine journalists and bloggers who I would have expected to see included – Tim Atkin, Jancis Robinson, Michelle Williams, Cathrine Todd and others.
- All ten people write in English, even if it’s not their first language, so nobody writing in French, Spanish, German, Italian or even Mandarin was included.
- It could just be click-bait to drive traffic…
Anyhow, here is the list as it stands, make of it what you will:
- Ken Alawine @alawine
- Peter Dickens @pietrosd
- Frankie Cook @frankstero
- Robert Joseph @robertjoseph
- Julien Miquel @JMiquelWine
- Amy Lieberfarb @amylieberfarb
- Fiona Beckett @winematcher
- Jon Thorsen @ReverseWineSnob
- Jamie Goode @jamiegoode
- Fabien Lainé @fabienlaine
4 thoughts on “My 16th minute of fame?”
That’s an excellent company! Congrats, Frank!
It is a compliment to your dedication.